I love to make tikkis and experiment with them; while I was chatting about tikkis with my neighbour she told me about Arvi (Eddoe or colocasia tuber) tikki. I tried this recipe and it turned out to be excellent. I have prepared it some 8 to 9 times and my kids finished it instantly. I read about serving this dish with peanut curd chutney which I am going to share in future.
Eddoe or arvi is a simple tropical vegetable, rich in vitamin C, E and fibres. These tubers are also used to make chips.
So without wasting any time get your pen or paper and note down the following ingredients, lets rock and make this dish today. I am pretty sure everyone in your family will love this dish.
- Peeled Eddoes or Arvi - ½ kg.
- Peeled Potatoes - 4 medium sized.
- Finely chopped green chillies.
- Coriander leaves - ¼ cup.
- Peanuts crushed - 1 tbsp.
- Grated coconut - 1 tbsp.
- Corn flour - 1 tbsp.
- Salt to taste.
- Bread crumbs. - 1 cup.
- Oil to fry.
Okay if you have quickly gathered all the ingredients mentioned above let’s start with the step by step method.
- Cook Arvi and potatoes till they become soft. Remove water and keep aside to cool.
- Nicely mash both Arvi and potatoes together in a vessel.
- Add coriander, green chillies, corn flour, put some oil for mixing. Start mixing the ingredients.
- Put grated coconut, Peanuts, salt to taste (you can also add rock salt it gives it different aroma) and mix thoroughly and prepare the lump of dough.
- Prepare marble sized balls of the dough, flatten and shape them into patties. Dust these patties with the bread crumbs. Keep aside for shallow frying.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the patties gently, fry on medium till golden yellow. The patties should be now crispy.
- Serve hot with peanut curd chutney or anything else like Pudina (mint) chutney or tomato sauce.
Note – This recipe can be prepared for a fast (vrat), just keep in mind that you should use Rajgira or Singhara flour instead of corn flour and bread crumbs.
I am sure you will enjoy this dish. Please email me and tell me about your experience cooking this recipe.